Study In United States of America

United States of America

The United States of America is a country in North America. There are 50 states in the United States of America. The US is the most preferred education destination among International students. Currently, more than 800,000 International students studying in diverse universities and institutions across the US make it the number one choice of International students worldwide. In totality there are 4276 Institutions in the US out of which 1700 Universities & Institutions offer Master Degree & Ph.D., 1700 Universities offer Bachelors.

The United States has more institutions of higher education than any other country, but despite the numbers, it is the quality of education provided by these academic bodies which is acknowledged worldwide. The teaching forces of these institutions are leading authorities in their respective fields. The quality of the research program along with the resources available and the faculty ensures that the institutions have high standards

The country is situated mostly in central North America, where its forty-eight contiguous states and Washington, D.C., the capital district, lie between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans, bordered by Canada to the north and Mexico to the south.

As the USA is a big country, its climatic condition varies from place to place. There will be a temperate climate in most part of the country. Usually, the southern and western half of the country will be warmer than the other regions and extremely hot in summer. The eastern and northern half region will be extremely cold and heavy snowfall in winters and will be pleasant in summer. Places like Hawaii and Florida will have the tropical climate, freezing in places around Alaska and semi-dry in Great Plains west regions of Mississippi River and dry in Great Basin of the southwest region.

International Students can take up on - campus jobs after joining the college. Students are allowed to work 20 hrs per week on - campus. On campus jobs may include teaching assistantship or research assistantship where in a student can earn a $7 to $10 per hour i.e. around $ 500 - $600 per month or can get a waiver in tuition fees. With this, a student can also do internship in the related field which may or may not be with pay. On completion of the course student is allowed to work for 1 yr. popularly known as OPT (optional practical training). On completion of the 1yr OPT; a student can later apply for work on a H1 B visa (work permit visa).

We look forward to helping students who, like you, are considering continuing your education in the United States. You will find all of the tools you need to compile your necessary research in deciding if the United States is the best place for you — we have gathered valuable information on educational, social, cultural and economic aspects of studying in the U.S.